Due to an Adobe 9 bug, your EXE files have become associated with an Adobe format. To get them working the way they should, just follow these steps:
1) Download the EXE reg file here.
2) Save the .reg file to your desktop.
3) Right-click on the downloaded .reg file, and click Merge.
4) If prompted, click Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK.
5) Log out, and then log back in. Or restart your computer.
Note: Don't see a Merge option when you right click on the REG file? Go to Default Programs. Then set the reg file extension to have its Current Default program set as Registry Editor (C:\Windows\regedit.exe). When you're done, try merging the REG file again.